Porchetta, gravy and gooey melted cheese curds dolloped over homemade French fries makes the ultimate comfort-food lunch.
- 2 lb (1 kg) Russet potatoes, peeled or scrubbed
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) prepared gravy
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh cheese curds
- 7 oz (200 g) sliced Mastro® Porchetta, diced and cooked
- Pour enough oil into deep-fryer or deep pot to come no more than halfway up side; heat until deep-fryer thermometer reads 325°F (160°C).
- Meanwhile, cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices, then into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick sticks; place in bowl of cold water. Rinse potatoes; pat dry to remove excess water. Fry potatoes in batches for 4 to 5 seconds or until barely golden. Transfer to paper towels.
- Increase oil temperature to 375°F (190°C). Fry potatoes again, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to paper towels. Divide fries among 4 bowls. Pour gravy over fries; top with cheese curds and porchetta.
- Tip: To save time, you can substitute baked frozen oven fries for the homemade fries.