Salametti and Fontina Pinwheel Rolls
Made with prepared pizza dough, these easy-to-make pizza rolls are a warm and delicious snack after a chilly day of skiing.
- 1 lb (500 g) store-bought pizza dough
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared garlic butter, melted, cooled and divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded fontina cheese
- 4 oz (125 g) Mastro® Salametti, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) marinara sauce, heated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). On lightly floured work surface, roll out dough into 15- x 11-inch (38 x 28 cm) rectangle, about 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick.
- Brush evenly with 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted garlic butter. Sprinkle with fontina cheese. Scatter salametti over top. Starting from one long end, roll up tightly into log shape, pinching ends to seal; cut into 12 pieces. Brush with remaining butter.
- Arrange in 11- x 9-inch (28 x 23 cm) baking pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Serve with marinara sauce and pesto.
- Tip: Substitute provolone or mozzarella for fontina cheese if desired.
Products used in this Recipe
Butternut Squash Spaghetti & Capocollo CarbonaraView Recipe
Smoky Potato SaladView Recipe
Grilled Fig and Taleggio Cups with ProsciuttoView Recipe