Grilled Fig and Taleggio Cups with Prosciutto
- 12 fresh figs, halved
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Mastro® Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 head radicchio lettuce
- 1 pkg (125 g) sliced San Daniele® Prosciutto
- 2 oz (60 g) Taleggio cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) coarsely chopped toasted hazelnuts (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) prepared balsamic reduction
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) small fresh basil leaves
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well. Toss together figs, olive oil and honey. Grill, turning as needed, for 3 to 5 minutes or until well marked. Remove from heat.
- Separate radicchio leaves; lay 24 leaves on large platter to resemble cups. Distribute grilled figs among cups. Tear prosciutto into large ribbons and weave delicately over figs.
- Scatter Taleggio over cups, and sprinkle with hazelnuts (if using). Drizzle with balsamic reduction. Garnish with basil leaves.
- Tip: Lettuce cups can also be prepared using Treviso lettuce or Belgian endive.