Sopressata Cheese Dip
Served hot and bubbling out of the oven, this rich dip is perfect when entertaining a hungry crowd.
- 8 oz (250 g) plain brick-style cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh basil, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 pkg (125 g) Mastro® Sopressata, chopped, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded aged white Cheddar cheese
- Half ciabatta baguette, thinly sliced and toasted
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add sour cream, 1/4 cup (60 mL) basil, green onions, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in three-quarters of the sopressata, tomatoes, mozzarella and Cheddar.
- Scrape into greased 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate; place on baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbling and cheese is melted. Let cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle remaining sopressata and basil over top.
- Serve with toasted baguette slices.
- Tip: Substitute Fontina or provolone for aged Cheddar cheese if desired.
Products used in this Recipe
White Bean, Arugula and Capocollo StuffingView Recipe
Fig & Prosciutto Parmesan CupsView Recipe
Prosciutto Cotto and Basil Polenta Loaf with Asiago CheeseView Recipe