Pesto Mushroom Bruschetta with crispy San Daniele Prosciutto
Tip: You can enjoy this for any meal or add a poached egg and make it for brunch!
- 1 package San Daniele® Prosciutto
- 8 slices of Brie, melted
- 2 1/2 cups mixed mushrooms. Cremini, Shiitake and Portobello
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 4 slices crusty bread or sourdough
- Extra-virgin olive oil for brushing
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the San Daniele® prosciutto slices on the lined baking sheet so they don’t overlap or get too brown. Place the tray in the oven and bake until the slices start to shrivel and turn golden, 10 -12 minutes. Keep your eye on it, as the prosciutto can go from crisp to burned quickly.
- Clean and slice the mushrooms. Set aside.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat your frying pan and add the olive oil.
- Add the garlic, thyme, then the mushrooms in batches, fry until tender and golden.
- Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Brush the slices of bread with a little extra-virgin olive oil, then toast under the grill for a couple of minutes. Divide among 4 plates.
- Spread a dollop of pesto onto each toast. Top with crispy prosciutto, fried mushrooms, and another drizzle of pesto.
- In a non-stick frying pan melt the Brie slices on medium heat. Pour over each toast and garnish with fresh basil. Serve and enjoy!
Products used in this Recipe
San Daniele® Prosciutto TartifletteView Recipe
Chicken Capocollo RouladeView Recipe
Brie Wrapped with Capocollo in Puff PastryView Recipe