Hot Calabrese Salami and Cheese Pinwheels
A fall flavoured dish – perfect for an appetizer or a snack.
- 1 package Mastro® Hot Calabrese Salami
- 1 package of puff pastry sheets (1 sheet)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- ¼ cooked red onions
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Unfold the puff pastry sheet (Tip – you can use flour for the surface and to make the pastry less sticky). Roll out the puff pastry so that there are no bubbles.
- Beat egg and water in a small bowl. Brush the pastry with the egg and water mixture (leave some for later).
- Place the slices of Mastro® Hot Calabrese Salami on the puff pastry and add the grated mozzarella, roasted red peppers and cooked red onions.
- Roll the pastry.
- Cut into 10 even pieces and place onto a baking sheet. Then, lightly brush tops with the remaining egg and water mixture
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Tip: Try adding in different cheeses for more elevated flavours.
Products used in this Recipe
Mini Eggplant and Capocollo RollatiniView Recipe
Slow Cooker Goulash with Hungarian SalamiView Recipe
Vegetable and Smoked Prosciutto SlidersView Recipe