Hot Calabrese Salami and Cheese Pinwheels
A fall flavoured dish – perfect for an appetizer or a snack.
- 1 package Mastro® Hot Calabrese Salami
- 1 package of puff pastry sheets (1 sheet)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- ¼ cooked red onions
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Unfold the puff pastry sheet (Tip – you can use flour for the surface and to make the pastry less sticky). Roll out the puff pastry so that there are no bubbles.
- Beat egg and water in a small bowl. Brush the pastry with the egg and water mixture (leave some for later).
- Place the slices of Mastro® Hot Calabrese Salami on the puff pastry and add the grated mozzarella, roasted red peppers and cooked red onions.
- Roll the pastry.
- Cut into 10 even pieces and place onto a baking sheet. Then, lightly brush tops with the remaining egg and water mixture
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Tip: Try adding in different cheeses for more elevated flavours.