Mushroom and Pancetta Goat Cheese Log
Goat cheese is topped with a tasty mix of mushrooms and pancetta for an easy and impressive gourmet appetizer.
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 2 oz (62 g) Mastro® Pancetta, diced
- 1/4 lb (125 g) assorted sliced mushrooms
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 9 oz (255 g) goat cheese log, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 2 ciabatta buns (6 inch/15 cm), sliced and toasted
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook pancetta for 3 to 5 minutes or until fat starts to render. Add mushrooms, shallot, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper to skillet; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until pancetta is crispy and mushrooms are golden. Let cool slightly.
- Place goat cheese log on serving platter. Top with pancetta and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts, parsley and lemon zest. Serve with toasted ciabatta slices.
- Tip: Use any leftovers to make a delicious pancetta, mushroom and goat cheese grilled cheese sandwich or toss with pasta.
Products used in this Recipe
Cheese Curd Poutine with Capocollo or Prosciutto CottoView Recipe
Prosciutto and Eggplant Rolls with Olive Pesto and MozzarellaView Recipe
Muffaletta SandwichView Recipe