Mushroom and Pancetta Goat Cheese Log
Goat cheese is topped with a tasty mix of mushrooms and pancetta for an easy and impressive gourmet appetizer.
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 2 oz (62 g) Mastro® Pancetta, diced
- 1/4 lb (125 g) assorted sliced mushrooms
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 9 oz (255 g) goat cheese log, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- 2 ciabatta buns (6 inch/15 cm), sliced and toasted
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook pancetta for 3 to 5 minutes or until fat starts to render. Add mushrooms, shallot, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper to skillet; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until pancetta is crispy and mushrooms are golden. Let cool slightly.
- Place goat cheese log on serving platter. Top with pancetta and mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts, parsley and lemon zest. Serve with toasted ciabatta slices.
- Tip: Use any leftovers to make a delicious pancetta, mushroom and goat cheese grilled cheese sandwich or toss with pasta.