White Bean, Arugula and Capocollo Stuffing
Serve this savoury holiday stuffing with roast turkey, pork or chicken.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 pkg (125 g) Mastro® Capocollo, chopped
- 4 shallots, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each finely chopped fresh rosemary and thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 6 cups (1.5 L) cubed day-old Italian loaf
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups (1 L) loosely packed arugula
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Heat oil in medium skillet set over medium heat; cook Capocollo, shallots, celery, rosemary, thyme, garlic, and 1/4 tsp each (1 mL) salt and pepper for 3 to 5 minutes or until Capocollo starts to brown and vegetables are softened. Let cool slightly.
- In large bowl, toss together bread, Capocollo mixture, beans, arugula and Gruyère cheese. Gradually stir in broth until moistened (bread should be moist but not soggy). Transfer to greased 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Dot with butter; cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until set in centre and golden brown on top. Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chives.
- Tip: Use day-old bread so stuffing can absorb more broth (this will make it moist and tender). If bread is not dry, toast in oven until lightly golden and let cool completely before using.
Products used in this Recipe
Mastro® Pepperoni Keto Eggplant PizzaView Recipe
Salami ChipsView Recipe
Butternut Squash Hummus with Prosciutto CrostiniView Recipe