Prosciutto Cotto Avocado Salad Sandwich
Skip the heavy mayo and make a creamy avocado dressing accented with Greek yogurt and fresh herbs to compliment our mild, low-fat Italian-style ham.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each chopped fresh parsley and basil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 pkg (125 g) Mastro® Prosciutto Cotto, chopped
- 4 whole wheat pocket pita breads, warmed
- 8 small leaves green leaf lettuce
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- Stir together mashed avocado, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper until well combined. Stir in green onions, parsley, basil and tarragon. Gently fold prosciutto cotto into avocado dressing
- Cut each pita bread in half to make half-moons. Line each half with lettuce and sliced radishes. Divide filling evenly among pitas.
- Tip: Add halved cherry tomatoes for a burst of colour.
Products used in this Recipe
Chicken Capocollo RouladeView Recipe
Quinoa Bowl with Sweet Potato and SopressataView Recipe
Mediterranean Pissaladière (French Pizza)View Recipe