Roasted Broccoli Caesar Salad with Mediterranean Trio
Roasting the broccoli and substituting chopped Mediterranean Trio for bacon makes this take on a tasty Caesar salad both healthy and delicious.
- 1 pkg (150 g) of Mastro® and San Daniele® Charcuterie Trio Mediterranean Flavours
- 1 large head broccoli
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared Caesar dressing
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) croutons
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Cut broccoli into florets. Peel stems and chop into 1/2-inch (1 cm) pieces. In large bowl, toss together broccoli florets, stems, olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until broccoli is tender and lightly charred in spots. Let cool to room temperature.
- Toss together roasted broccoli, chopped Mediterranean Trio, Caesar dressing and Parmesan. Fold in croutons. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Tip: For easy homemade croutons: Toss 2 cups (500 mL) day-old bread cubes with 3 tbsp (45 mL) oil, 2 tbsp (30 mL) Parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt. Bake in preheated 350˚F (180˚C) oven, turning once, for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.