San Daniele® Prosciutto Tartiflette
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 package San Daniele® Prosciutto cut into pieces
- 4 large shallots, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 1/3 of a cup dry white wine
- 1 wheel of camembert
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F and grease a shallow casserole dish.
- Fry the chop the San Daniele® Prosciutto, onions and garlic until the prosciutto is crisp and the onions and garlic are soft and translucent.
- Add the wine to the prosciutto and onion mixture, turn the heat up and de-glaze the wine for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked potatoes to the prosciutto and onion mixture and gently mix together.
- Add the sour cream and mix together.
- Spoon half of the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Season with salt (not too much as the prosciutto is already salty) and pepper.
- Cut the Camembert cheese in half through the centre, and the cut the two halves into cubes.
- Scatter half of the camembert cheese cubes over the prosciutto and onion mixture, rind side up, then spoon the remaining prosciutto and onion mixture over the top. Scatter the rest of the Camembert cheese cubes over the top, crust side up again, and bake for 20 minutes until the cheese has melted and the tartiflette is golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve hot from the oven with a simple mixed green salad, gherkins, pickled onions and crusty bread.
- *Tip – Save yourself time and use canned potatoes for the same delicious result!