This creamy risotto is studded with chunks of prosciutto, carrots, peas and zucchini. It makes a satisfying main or side dish.
- 4 cups (1 L) sodium-reduced chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 1 pkg (125 g) San Daniele Prosciutto Cube-etti
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) carrot, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped parsley
- In saucepan set over medium heat, bring stock to simmer; reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Melt butter in large saucepan set over medium heat; cook Cube-etti, carrot, onion, garlic and pepper, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables have softened. Stir in rice until well coated. Add wine and bay leaf; cook until almost all wine is absorbed.
- Add warm stock, 1/2 cup (125 mL) at a time and stirring after each addition until most of the liquid is absorbed before adding more, for about 20 minutes total or until rice is creamy and tender. Remove bay leaf.
- Add zucchini and peas; cook for about 2 minutes or until zucchini and peas are warmed through and tender. Stir in Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Tip: For added heat, add a pinch of chili flakes.
Products used in this Recipe
Roasted Italian Potatoes with Genoa SalamiView Recipe
Salami and Chicken SaltimboccaView Recipe
Trio of Mediterranean RollsView Recipe