Turkey Breast with Hot Genoa Salami and Pistachio Stuffing
Tender turkey breast with a flavourful stuffing makes an impressive entertaining dish – or weekend family dinner.
- 1 (3 lb) turkey breast
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pkg (150 g) Mastro® Hot Genoa Salami, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tsp (5 mL) poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed stale bread
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190°C). Lay turkey breast on work surface. Using sharp knife, slice breast in half lengthwise, without cutting all the way through. Open like a book, flattening gently with meat tenderizer.
- Melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, celery and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes or until softened. Add salami, sage, poultry seasoning and pepper; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Combine celery mixture with cubed bread, broth and pistachios; spoon along one long end of flattened turkey breast. Roll up tightly to enclose filling; secure with butcher’s twine.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; sear rolled turkey breast for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Transfer to roasting pan fitted with wire rack.
- Roast for 40 to 50 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165°F (74°C). Transfer to cutting board. Tent with foil and let stand for 10 minutes. Remove butcher’s twine and slice.
- Tip: Serve with warm gravy and roasted root vegetables if desired.