Juicy Italian Burger
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 3/4 lb (350 g) lean ground beef
- 3/4 lb (350 g) lean ground pork
- 2 oz (60 g) Mastro® Pancetta, sliced
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 brioche buns, split
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) prepared pesto
- 1 cup (250 mL) baby arugula
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper; crumble in beef and pork. Mix gently until well combined. Add pancetta, mixing to distribute evenly. Form into 4 patties, about 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick.
- Grill, turning once, for 15 to 18 minutes or until well marked and cooked through. Top each burger with mozzarella and remove from heat. Toast buns during last 2 minutes of grilling time.
- Stir mayonnaise with pesto; spread over bottom half of each bun. Top with arugula, tomato and burgers. Cap with top half of buns. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Substitute prepared tapenade, roasted garlic mayo or creamy Parmesan and artichoke dip for the pesto mayo if desired.