Capocollo and Mozzarella Pizza Pockets
Perfect for snacks or lunches, this yummy pizza calzone is sure to satisfy the whole family.
- 1 lb (500 g) pizza dough
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg (125 g) of Mastro® Capocollo
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). On lightly floured work surface, divide dough into 6 portions. Roll out each portion into 8-inch (20 cm) round.
- Spread tomato sauce over half of each round, leaving 1-inch (2.5 cm) border all around edge. Top with mozzarella and capocollo. Fold dough over to enclose filling; pinch to seal edges. Brush tops with olive oil.
- Cut two vent holes in top of each pocket. Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Tip: Serve hot or cold for packed lunches.