Panzanella Salad with Salami
The fresh flavours of radicchio and fennel combined with salami make for a satisfying take on classic Italian bread salad.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Mastro extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) shredded radicchio
- 2 cups (500 mL) thinly sliced fennel
- 1 pkg (150g) Mastro® Genoa Salami
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) halved pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 loaf day-old Italian bread, torn into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups/1.5 L)
- In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper.
- Add radicchio, fennel, salami, red onion, olives, Parmesan cheese, parsley and bread; toss to combine.
- Tip: If using fresh bread, spread pieces on a baking sheet and bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for about 10 minutes or until crisp.
Products used in this Recipe
German Potato Salad with Brussels Sprouts and SalamiView Recipe
Roasted Broccoli Caesar Salad with Mediterranean TrioView Recipe
Hot Calabrese Salami and Cheese PinwheelsView Recipe