Trio of Mediterranean Rolls
This trio of Mediterranean rolls is the perfect summer appetizer or starter for sharing.
- 1 pkg (150 g) of Mastro® and San Daniele® Charcuterie Trio Mediterranean Flavours
- 8 slices small eggplant, cut lengthwise, each 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick
- 2 large red peppers, halved
- 8 slices zucchini, cut lengthwise, each 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick
- 2 oz (60 g) fresh mozzarella, cut into 8 slices
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 4 tsp (20 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well. Grill eggplant and red peppers for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until well marked and very tender. Grill zucchini for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until well marked and tender. Let cool completely. Cut red peppers into 8 pieces.
- Place slice of Speck Smoked Prosciutto on each slice of eggplant and roll up; secure with toothpick. Place slice of Salami with Prosciutto and piece of mozzarella on one end of each slice of zucchini and roll up; secure with toothpick. Place slice of Chorizo Salami on top of each piece of red pepper and roll up tightly; secure with toothpick.
- Arrange rolls on platter. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil.
- Tip: Substitute store-bought roasted red peppers for grilled red peppers if desired.