Mastro Hot Genoa Salami Pizza Diablo
- 1 medium pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided and reserved from the garlic cloves
- 1 package of Mastro Hot Genoa Salami, sliced
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1/2 red onion small, thinly sliced
- 1 80g package mixed hot Pencil peppers
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven (and baking stone if using) to 425 degrees.
- Make a nest with aluminum foil. Add 3 tbsp of olive oil and 5 cloves of garlic. Close the foil nest and roast on a baking tray in the oven until golden. (about ten minutes)
- While the garlic is roasting, on a floured surface roll out your pizza dough and transfer to a parchment lined pizza pan or directly onto a pizza stone.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and set aside.
- Brush the top of the pizza crust with 1 Tbsp of the oil from the garlic cloves.
- Evenly spread the pizza sauce leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of the pizza, add the Mastro® Hot Genoa Salami (6 slices), red onions, pencil peppers and roasted garlic cloves.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the dough has risen and is a crispy golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.