Mediterranean Chickpea and Salami Salad
This salad is full of the flavours of the sunny Mediterranean. It’s healthy and quick to prepare.
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups (1 L) shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 pkg (150 g) Mastro® Mild Genoa Salami , thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped roasted red peppers
- Lemon-Tahini Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tahini paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- Lemon-Tahini Vinaigrette: In blender or food processor, blend lemon juice, 1/4 cup (60 mL) water, tahini, basil, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Toss chickpeas, lettuce, salami, tomatoes, olives and red peppers with vinaigrette.
- Tip: To make this salad up to 1 day ahead, leave out the shredded lettuce; cover and refrigerate, then toss with lettuce just before serving.
Products used in this Recipe
Butternut Squash Hummus with Prosciutto CrostiniView Recipe
Red & White Festive SkewersView Recipe
Hungarian Stuffed Peppers with SalamiView Recipe