Pear and Blue Cheese Melts with Prosciutto and Walnuts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Mastro® Olive Oil
- 1 baguette, sliced diagonally (1/2-inch/1 cm thick slices)
- 2 ripe Bosc pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 oz (125 g) crumbled blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola, Stilton or Danish Blue
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 pkg (125 g) San Daniele® Prosciutto, torn into ribbons
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- Preheat broiler to high and position rack in center of oven. Brush oil over both sides of each slice of baguette. Arrange on baking sheet in single layer; broil for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until lightly toasted.
- Top each baguette slice with pear, blue cheese and walnuts. Broil for about 2 minutes or until cheese is softened.
- Delicately weave ribbon of prosciutto over each slice. Drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.
- Tip: Substitute Brie for blue cheese for an appetizer with a milder flavour.
Products used in this Recipe
Mastro Chorizo Antipasto Pesto Tortellini SkewersView Recipe
Spicy Caponata with Hot Calabrese SalamiView Recipe
Charcuterie Potato RöstiView Recipe