Puff Pastry Capocollo Breakfast Tarts
Once baked, the runny egg yolk cascades over flaky puff pastry, roasted tomatoes, creamy goat cheese and authentic capocollo for the perfect weekend breakfast.
- 1 sheet pre-rolled puff pastry
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices Mastro® Capocollo, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) halved grape tomatoes
- 2 oz (60 g) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Cut puff pastry into four squares; arrange on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Fold in the four sides of each piece of pastry to create raised edges; using fork, prick bottom of each rectangle.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until puffed and golden brown; let cool slightly. Lightly press base of each tart to deflate pastry and create a well; crack egg into each well.
- Scatter capocollo, tomatoes and goat cheese over eggs. Sprinkle pepper over top. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until egg is set. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Tip: Change up the flavour by preparing the tarts with a different soft cheese, such as gorgonzola, Brie or feta cheese.