Puff Pastry Capocollo Breakfast Tarts
Once baked, the runny egg yolk cascades over flaky puff pastry, roasted tomatoes, creamy goat cheese and authentic capocollo for the perfect weekend breakfast.
- 1 sheet pre-rolled puff pastry
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices Mastro® Capocollo, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) halved grape tomatoes
- 2 oz (60 g) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Cut puff pastry into four squares; arrange on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Fold in the four sides of each piece of pastry to create raised edges; using fork, prick bottom of each rectangle.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until puffed and golden brown; let cool slightly. Lightly press base of each tart to deflate pastry and create a well; crack egg into each well.
- Scatter capocollo, tomatoes and goat cheese over eggs. Sprinkle pepper over top. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until egg is set. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Tip: Change up the flavour by preparing the tarts with a different soft cheese, such as gorgonzola, Brie or feta cheese.
Products used in this Recipe
Potato, Mortadella and Red Pepper CroquettesView Recipe
Butternut Squash Hummus with Prosciutto CrostiniView Recipe
Eggplant with Pomegranate and PancettaView Recipe