Potato Salami Pizza with Truffle Oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Mastro® Olive Oil, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 yellow potato, very thinly sliced
- 1 ball (700 g) pizza dough
- 4 oz (125 g) Mastro® RiservaTM Truffle Salami, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices San Daniele® Prosciutto
- Truffle oil
- Heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil and butter in large, nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook onions, garlic and salt, stirring often, for 25 to 30 minutes or until caramelized. (Add a splash of water if onions stick to pan.)
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to fit large, greased baking sheet. Transfer to baking sheet, stretching dough to edges. Brush remaining oil over dough; spread onions over top, leaving small border all around. Arrange potato slices over onions; scatter salami and rosemary over top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bottom and edges are golden brown. Immediately sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes. Tear prosciutto into large ribbons and drape delicately over pizza. Drizzle lightly with truffle oil.
- Tip: Truffle oil is pungent with a powerful flavour and aroma; a little goes a long way, so drizzle over pizza with a slow, light stream.