Quinoa Bowl with Sweet Potato and Sopressata
This quinoa bowl, packed with protein and veggies, makes a healthy and delicious meal. Make the quinoa ahead and refrigerate, so it’s ready for quick lunch or dinner prep.
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 pkg (125 g) Mastro® Sopressata Salami, cut into strips
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn kernels, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) pea shoots
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced shallot
- In saucepan, bring quinoa and 2 cups (500 mL) water to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Fluff with fork. Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Dressing: Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Stir in shallot.
- Divide quinoa among bowls. Top with salami, black beans, corn, avocado, sweet potato and pea shoots. Drizzle with dressing.
- Tip: Replace quinoa with brown rice if desired.