Farfalle with Butternut Squash, Pancetta and Sage
This comforting pasta dish comes together so easily – it’s perfect for weeknight entertaining.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 4 cups (1 L) peeled, seeded and cubed butternut squash
- 1 pkg (125 g) Mastro® Diced Pancetta
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 12 oz (340 g) farfalle pasta
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Pecorino cheese
- Heat butter in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook squash, pancetta, garlic, sage and pepper for 18 to 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas in last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Toss pasta and peas with squash mixture, reserved cooking liquid and Pecorino cheese.
- Tip: Add fresh arugula to pasta and toss with your favourite dressing to turn leftovers into a pasta salad for lunch.