German Potato Salad with Brussels Sprouts and Salami
Instead of bacon, this version of German potato salad is tossed with German salami for a wonderful savoury flavour.
- 2 lb (1 kg) baby potatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) grainy mustard
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt and pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) thinly sliced Brussels sprouts
- 1 pkg (150 g) Mastro® German Salami, sliced into strips
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook potatoes for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Let cool slightly.
- In large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; add potatoes, Brussels sprouts, salami, green onions and parsley. Toss until well coated. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Tip: For easy preparation, slice Brussels sprouts in a food processor with slicing blade.
Products used in this Recipe
Prosciutto-Wrapped Dates with Herbed Goat CheeseView Recipe
Sopressata Salami and Rapini PolentaView Recipe
Baked Cauliflower Gratin with SopressataView Recipe