Mortadella Stuffed with Artichokes and Bocconcini
- 12 slices San Daniele® Mortadella
- 6 marinated artichokes, halved
- 6 bocconcini balls, halved
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) prepared pesto
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Mastro® Olive Oil
- Soak 12 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. Lay slice of mortadella on work surface. Place piece of artichoke and bocconcini in centre of mortadella. Fold in sides and roll up to enclose filling. Secure with skewer. Repeat with remaining mortadella, artichokes and bocconcini.
- Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grates well. Whisk pesto with olive oil; brush all over each bundle. Grill, turning as needed, for about 5 minutes or until well marked and heated through. Arrange on serving platter; serve immediately
- Tip: Transform this appetizer into a light meal – serve with grilled baguette and a crisp green salad.