Avocado Smash with Prosciutto
Simple avocado toast gets dressed up with prosciutto and a fried egg for a filling lunch.
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 pkg (125 g) San Daniele® Prosciutto
- Cracked pepper
- In small bowl, mash together avocados, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; crack eggs into pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden on the bottom and crispy.
- Spread mashed avocado evenly over toast. Top with prosciutto and fried eggs; sprinkle with cracked pepper to taste.
- Tip: Drizzle sriracha sauce over toast for a spicy kick.