Spicy Italian Sandwich Ring
With capocollo, mortadella, provolone and pickled hot peppers, this loaded Italian sandwich makes a crowd-pleasing snack on any game day.
- 2 cans (8 oz/250 g each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 4 oz (125 g) Mastro® Capocollo
- 4 oz (125 g) provolone cheese slices, halved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) loosely packed baby arugula
- 4 oz (125 g) San Daniele® Mortadella
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) drained pickled hot pepper rings
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Separate dough into 16 triangles. Starting in centre of ungreased 12-inch (30 cm) round pizza pan, arrange short sides of dough triangles in circle, overlapping to form star shape (ends will overhang pan).
- Layer capocollo, cheese, arugula, mortadella and hot pepper rings over dough in circle in pan. Bring overhanging dough over filling, tucking underneath dough on pan to enclose filling and pressing to seal edges.
- In small bowl, combine olive oil and Italian seasoning; brush over sandwich ring. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Tip: As a variation, substitute prepared roasted peppers, artichokes or pitted olives for hot pepper rings.
- Tip: For an extra-spicy sandwich, substitute hot pepper flakes for Italian seasoning.