Mediterranean Pissaladière (French Pizza)
With prepared frozen puff pastry, this easy-to-make French-style tart delivers impressive flavours. Serve with a mixed green salad for lunch or dinner.
- 1 pkg (150 g) of Mastro® and San Daniele® Charcuterie Trio Mediterranean Flavours
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 sheet rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted black olives
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp (20 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) julienne roasted red peppers
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onions, salt and pepper, stirring often, for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit 15- x 10-inch (40 x 25 cm) baking sheet. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Score 1/2-inch (1 cm) border on all sides of pastry with tip of sharp knife. Prick pastry inside border all over with fork.
- Spread caramelized onions inside border. Arrange Salami with Prosciutto, Chorizo Salami and olives over onions. Sprinkle with Parmesan and thyme.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Tear Speck Smoked Prosciutto into pieces; arrange on top along with roasted red peppers in decorative pattern. Sprinkle with basil and parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Tip: Substitute finely crumbled goat cheese for Parmesan cheese if desired.
Products used in this Recipe
Smoked Paprika AranciniView Recipe
Fennel and Asparagus Salad with Crispy PancettaView Recipe
Spring Antipasto PlatterView Recipe