Mediterranean Pissaladière (French Pizza)
With prepared frozen puff pastry, this easy-to-make French-style tart delivers impressive flavours. Serve with a mixed green salad for lunch or dinner.
- 1 pkg (150 g) of Mastro® and San Daniele® Charcuterie Trio Mediterranean Flavours
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 sheet rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pitted black olives
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp (20 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) julienne roasted red peppers
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onions, salt and pepper, stirring often, for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C). On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit 15- x 10-inch (40 x 25 cm) baking sheet. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Score 1/2-inch (1 cm) border on all sides of pastry with tip of sharp knife. Prick pastry inside border all over with fork.
- Spread caramelized onions inside border. Arrange Salami with Prosciutto, Chorizo Salami and olives over onions. Sprinkle with Parmesan and thyme.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Tear Speck Smoked Prosciutto into pieces; arrange on top along with roasted red peppers in decorative pattern. Sprinkle with basil and parsley. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Tip: Substitute finely crumbled goat cheese for Parmesan cheese if desired.