Vegetable and Smoked Prosciutto Sliders
Our smoky prosciutto is the perfect match for tender grilled vegetables. Serve these sliders as a healthy appetizer.
- 16 slices zucchini, 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick rounds
- 8 slices of eggplant, 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick rounds
- 8 wedges of red pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) hummus
- 8 slider buns, toasted
- 1 pkg (125 g) San Daniele® Smoked Prosciutto
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Toss together zucchini, eggplant, red pepper, olive oil and garlic; grill vegetables for about 5 minutes per side or until tender and grill-marked. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread hummus on buns. Sandwich prosciutto, eggplant (slicing in half to fit buns, if necessary), zucchini and red pepper in buns.
- Tip: Vegetables can be grilled up to 1 day ahead, cooled and refrigerated for a cold slider sandwich.