Prosciutto-Wrapped Sweet Potato Dippers
Served with a spicy cranberry mayo, this festive and flavourful appetizer is perfect for Thanksgiving, but so delicious that you’ll want to make it all year long.
- 2 sweet potatoes, each cut into eight 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick wedges
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grainy mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 8 slices San Daniele® Prosciutto, cut in half horizontally
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cranberry sauce
- 4 tsp (20 mL) sriracha hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Toss together sweet potato wedges, oil, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper. Arrange on parchment paper¬–lined baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake, turning once, for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Let cool completely.
- Wrap piece of prosciutto around each sweet potato wedge and secure with toothpick. Stir together mayonnaise, cranberry sauce and hot sauce.
- Arrange prosciutto-wrapped sweet potato wedges on serving plate. Serve with cranberry mayonnaise for dipping.
- Tip: Substitute honey for maple syrup if desired.